The United Nations has included JSC "Samruk-Kazyna" in the list of 20 advanced funds that ensure sustainable development. The list of the world's top 20 pension and sovereign wealth funds is published in the UN report "How public pension and sovereign wealth funds ensure sustainable development: leadership practices and proposed integration structures", prepared by the UN institutional investors Partnership for sustainable development development Initiative (IIPSD).
The inclusion of the Fund in the list of leaders in the field of integration of sustainable development is a recognition of the world community of the correctness of approaches and measures taken to implement initiatives in the field of sustainable development and ESG principles.
16 pension funds and 4 national welfare funds were also selected for the presented list of leaders, including Temasek Holdings, Future Fund and New Zealand Superannuation Fund.
The document covers the 50 largest state pension funds and 30 largest national wealth funds for asset management at the global level, and includes the following conclusions:
- every fourth Fund (twenty funds) publishes reports on the integration of sustainable development into its investment activities;
- strong leadership and a team committed to ESG integration are important drivers of change and best practices;
- at least 17 international comparative indicators are used by 20 leading funds;
- the impact of investments (including investments related to the UN sustainable development goals) is the most widely used strategy reported by 20 funds, which indicates the ongoing transition from responsible investment to investments aimed at achieving sustainable development;
- advanced funds are making progress in using international standards to improve the quality of reporting in the field of sustainable development, in particular on environmental issues.
It should be noted that this UN report is an important result of continuous efforts to monitor the integration of the UN sustainable development Goals (sdgs) and ESG principles with the world's largest public pension funds and national welfare funds. The UN report includes a broad set of best practices for integrating sustainable development in five strategic areas: governance, corporate sustainable investment policy, sustainable development integration strategy, ESG integration across the investment chain, and evaluation and reporting.
Recall that in June of this year, the international rating Agency S&P Global Ratings confirmed the long-term and short-term credit ratings of Samruk-Kazyna JSC at the level of "BB /B", the forecast is"Stable". S&P also confirmed the Fund's rating on the national scale "kzAA". In turn, Fitch Ratings assigned the Fund ratings at the level of "BBB", the forecast is "Stable" / "F2". At the moment, the Fund ranks 21st in the top 30 sovereign wealth funds in the world in terms of assets.