Staffing changes are made within the framework of the fund's transition to the new organizational structure. In this regard, the top management of the Fund is expected to reduce twice.
CEO of the Fund Umirzak Shukeyev appointed Baljeet Kaur as Managing Director. She will be responsible for strategy and portfolio of investments of «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC.
Baljeet Kaur has 14 years’ experience in senior management positions in international financial companies and banks as Senior Advisor to the National Fund of the Asian Development Bank program, Managing Director and Vice-Chairman of Kuwait Investment Authority & Kuwait Finance House, Vice-President of ABN AMRO Bank, Maybank Malaysia and Deutsche Bank. She was responsible for corporate planning and strategy of sovereign wealth funds, growth strategy and plans for implementation of steps to overcome the crisis and diversification, management and business development of strategy implementation, transformation, Islamic finance in the field of investment, oil and gas, infrastructure, energy and real estate.
In addition, the new organizational structure includes:
- Yelena Bakhmutova appointed Managing Director for Finance and Operations. Previously she was Deputy CEO of the fund. Over the years, she worked as Director of the Financial Supervision Department of the National Bank of Kazakhstan, the Chairman of the Agency for Regulation and Supervision of Financial Market and Financial Institutions;
- Berik Beisengaliyev transferred to the position of Managing Director of Asset Optimization. Previously, he was Chief Business Development Officer of the Fund. He has worked in the Fund since November 2012.At different times he worked as Managing Director - First Deputy Chairman of “ATF Bank» JSC, General Director of «Astana Capital Investment Group», Chairman of the Management Board of «KazAgro» holding;
- Adamas Ilkyavichus appointed Managing Director for Transformation and Special Projects of «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC. Previously, he served as Chief Business Transformation Officer. Mr. Ilkyavichus worked 17 years in international companies, oversaw the transformation initiative, modeling, reengineering and improvement activities;
- Darkhan Kaletayev becomes Managing Director for interaction with the government and the communications of «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC. He was formerly Chief Director of Public Relations of «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC. In 2007 he worked as Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration of the Republic of Kazakhstan, First Deputy Chairman of «Nur Otan» in 2008 - 2009.
- Ulan Tazhibayev appointed Managing Director of Human Resources Management of «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC. Previously, he served as Chief of Staff of the fund. Mr. Tazhibayev graduated Kazakh National University named after Al-Farabi, he holds Executive MBA Institutode Empresa (Spain);
- Yerzhan Tutkushev becomes Co-Managing Director for Development of New Industries. Previously, he served as Deputy Director for Business Development. Holder of Bolashak International Scholarship program. Over the years, he worked at «Development Bank of Kazakhstan» JSC, «Astana-Finance” JSC, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, “Samruk-Kazyna Invest» LLP;
Under the new organizational structure the position of Vice Chairman of the Management Board has been abolished. In this regard, Dauren Yerdebai was relieved of his post.